Earlier in the day, LGD posted an official explanation for the whole situation revolving around longDD’s departure on their official weibo account.
Direct link to post: http://t.qq.com/p/t/199469041082504
1. LongDD, after leaving TongFu, contacted our players directly, strongly requesting a chance to tryout for our team. He expressed his desire to train hard and play hard.
2. At that time we had DD/Sc needing to leave the team for his surgery, so we agreed to longDD’s tryout request.
3. When he first came to us, longDD’s performances left as all fairly satisfied, and after some discussion, the decision was made for DD/Sc to transition to broadcaster upon his return from surgery, and the announcement was made that longDD had become an official member.
4. After announcing him as an official member, we felt that longDD lost his original drive and diligence, and slowly began to let personal problems leak out. After multiple occasions of communication and discussion, there weren’t any changes for the better, and his attitude remained less enthusiastic than at first. After speaking with him, he decided to retire, and even though we attempted to keep him around by giving him a different position with the team, he expressed a desire to return home for a break, so we respected his choice.
5. Due to various big competitions looming on the horizon, we had also considered trying out other players as a replacement (but had not made any direct approaches to anyone).
7. At the same time, our old member, DD/Sc, wished to return to the team, to help weather the transition, so we announced his official return.
Other: After receiving invites to TI3, the five of us were aware of the weight of everything here, and also that roster changes may not be made lightly. We respect Valve’s decision, and we hope to continue towards our goals via our own hard work, and apologize for the consternation this has brought upon everyone.
Is it all worth it? Fans are split on the issue. Is the announcement fair? Big-name Chinese commentator, retired pro player, DC, doesn’t seem to think so: http://t.qq.com/p/t/191197114681110 — he has expressed his opinion that although roster changes are normal, the wording of the explanation is unfair to longDD.
Is this the end of the matter, and will the waves calm now that everyone seems to have gotten a word in? As often the case with these matters, the whole truth may never be completely known, but we wish smooth sailing to all those involved, and certainly hope to see TI2’s third place finishers back at TI3… one way or the other.